Thanks to hubby’s help and a fall festival at a local nursery, I had the house all to myself for a few hours yesterday. I tackled the remaining edits on Descent, the fourth Children of the Sidhe novella, and shipped it off to beta readers. Finally!!
Over the course of the week, I wrote 3,300 words on pseudonym projects, adding to the storyline I’m already publishing in episodes, and beginning a new story that’s been bouncing around my brain.
I have an overactive idea maker. 🙂 A couple of weeks ago — when I got sick and then my husband and one of the girls came down with it right after that, leading to ten days of the miserable — about the only thing I did accomplish was solidifying two new story ideas for Delilah Vane, the teen-paranormal-focused pseudonym I started in August. I’m not concerned about writing a lot of these stories at the moment, just getting the plot down. I don’t plan to publish anything new from Delilah until I’m out of KDP Select and have the My Undead Life serial available at other retailers.
The 3,300 words I wrote this week is better than last week’s 2,000 and change….but still not up to my goal of 4k of new fiction each week. And with all of these story ideas, I need to get moving! 🙂 However, it’s going to be another MAJOR week at work, and I always struggle with writing fiction when I’m in the middle of a big non-fiction writing project. I’m hoping this week I’ll be able to perform at both. Here goes!
Happy writing and have a great week, ROWers!